• Categories

  • Pages

  • Digg”
  • Statcounter

  • Shinystat

  • Expertcounter

    Free Counter, Blog Counter

Video: Green Planet Episode 9 – ICT As a Tool

25 06 2009 – Although ICT accounts for only around 2.5% of total greenhouse gas emissions, they have the potential to be used in reducing the other 97.5% in other sectors of the economy.

image ICTs could deliver approximately 7.8 GtCO2e of emissions savings in 2020, equivalent to 15% of all emissions. ICT-enabled energy efficiency alone translates into approximately $950 billion of cost savings.

Studies in various countries, generally supported by or associated with telecom companies, suggest broad potential for ICT to cut energy use and carbon emissions.

var so = new SWFObject(‘http://www.telecomtv.com/embed/player.swf’,’mpl’,’400′,’285′,’9′); so.addParam(‘allowscriptaccess’,’always’); so.addParam(‘allowfullscreen’,’true’); so.addParam(‘wmode’,’transparent’); so.addParam(‘flashvars’,’file=GP_Episode_9&volume=100&autostart=false&streamer=rtmpt://telecomtv.fcod.llnwd.net/a1411/o16&type=video&image=http://video.telecomtv.com/web2/ugc/thumb/GP_Episode_9_large.jpg’); so.write(’embedplayer’); Source: TelecomTV

Video: Connecting the Young: the opportunities of ICT

26 05 2009 – The theme of this year’s World Telecommunication & Information Society Day is "Connecting the Young: the opportunities of ICT".

Young people are the best promoters of ICTs and are key contributors to building an inclusive Information Society. This should be taken into account in all actions and projects targeting the use and access of ICT, not only to widen ICT opportunities for children and young people but also to accelerate bridging the digital divide.

View Video:

var so = new SWFObject(‘http://www.telecomtv.com/embed/player.swf’,’mpl’,’400′,’280′,’9′); so.addParam(‘allowscriptaccess’,’always’); so.addParam(‘allowfullscreen’,’true’); so.addParam(‘wmode’,’transparent’); so.addParam(‘flashvars’,’file=UXWJiRtyer_ConnectingTheYoung&volume=100&autostart=false&streamer=rtmpt://telecomtv.fcod.llnwd.net/a1411/o16&type=video’); so.write(’embedplayer’); Source: TelecomTV>